ella

22 | female | uk


Tuesday, 1 May 2012

May Day

Pinch punch, first of the month and happy May Day everyone! Here's to more days like today - the rain and gale force winds of the past week have gone, and in their place there is now glorious sunshine and clear blue skies. 

Dearest boyfriend had his first day off work in a while as well today, so it was really lovely to spend some proper time with him. We had a nice walk into town; didn't really know what to do once we got there though, so spent about 20 minutes choosing ourselves sunglasses (and in the end we both finally decided on the same model of black Rayban fakes, oh lord, so now we are matching and look like one of those couples... You know the ones...)

Oh god and we also went to Aldi. Oh god it's brilliant. Where my boyfriend used to live, there was a Lidl directly across the road from his house, and going there was always a bit of a treat for me; anyway, where we live now there is a huge Aldi really nearby, which is pretty much Lidl spelled differently, and I love it. So cheap! I don't think you can complain about £1.95 for 2 litres of cider, and it's actually nice cider too; I was expecting warm horse piss for that price, but no. It's almost like Strongbow. Almost. And I bought a massive jar of pickled gherkins for 60p, and a huge, huge tub of Neapolitan ice cream. Nice little diet we've got going at the moment.


We also went to the pokiest, loveliest little record shop, and spent ages rooting through all the shelves and bargain bins. I found Kate Bush's Never For Ever album for only £3 (!) and we listened to it when we got home, which was a moment of pure domestic bliss: sitting on the sofa smoking together in comfortable silence, whilst I did some work on my essay and The Boy started reading the book I'm writing about (after my nagging). I notice that it is strewn on the floor now, splayed open at about 5 pages in, so obviously that didn't go down too well. 

So... Today was definitely good. I felt like a caring girlfriend this morning too, letting him sleep in (I usually shake him awake when I get up, which isn't fair really on his days off) and then bringing him coffee in bed at noon. Housewife isn't always a bitch.

No comments:

Post a Comment