ella

22 | female | uk


Saturday, 24 November 2012

Christmas Austerity

Christmas Austerity



A week or so ago I made a ridiculously expensive collage of Christmassy designer gear that I can only dream of one day wearing (scroll yonder down the page to see it), I didn't do the maths properly but made a hazardous estimate of the total cost and it was literally over £10,000, FUCK. How the fuck does anyone have that money to spend on clothes is what I would like to know!

Anyway, to ease the pain a little I made a slightly more "affordable" Christmas look, which is this. Black, demure, splashes of acid lime, hints of sparkle. And all of the items are high street, thank god! I particularly love the velvet dress from Mango and the nude Jeffrey Campbell Lita Platforms, and the neon and black earrings from Topshop. I've been literally hankering after a pair of JC Litas for so long, but have never had the money going spare to get a pair - at £120 they're not exactly loose change, but Office quite regularly have them half price in the sale, and I'm sure the golden wonders of eBay might offer up some sexy Lita bargains.

The drapey chain necklace, too, is another favourite, also from Topshop. They have a really gorgeous selection of exciting party jewellery at the moment, there's this black choker collar which I might have to splash out on... it's sort of chained, threaded with black beads and completely covers the neck, almost like a brace? Haha. It's hot as fuck. Not on their website though but I have seen it instore!

So now I just need some Christmas parties to go to, some mulled wine, a few sprigs of mistletoe, and everything will be just hunky dory.

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It's gorgeous isn't it! I *love* your blog by the way. beautiful and unique xxx

      Delete
  2. got my flitas for Halloween. fan fucking tastic

    Olivia Lee
    http://countmybones.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh awesome! Are they comfortable? I'm gonna have to get a pair haha, it has to be done...

      Your poetry is utterly inspiring <3 xxx

      Delete
  3. That revlon lipstick is beautiful! Following :) Please check out my blog, I'd love to see what you think!
    Bunny x
    Bunnymunroe.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it! Thank you darling, following you :) Cute blog! Xx

      Delete
  4. wow this would all look so hot together! love the dress <3 love from fellow bell/ brightoner :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I can dream... The only item I have is the lipstick! Love to you, oh Brightonion Bell :) xoxx

      Delete
  5. Love this shoes.*_*
    Maybe follow each other???
    My Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're gorgeous aren't they :)
      Followed! You're gorgeous xX

      Delete