ella

22 | female | uk


Saturday, 29 December 2012

Official Unveiling Of My New...

... Duh duh duuuuuuuh -

Dreadlocks!

I must be mad, but having been lusting after the gorgeous hair of Georgia and Tofauti for so long I just thought I'd bite the bullet and give it a go. 


They're not real, before you ask. I made dreadlocks with some synthetic hair extensions (as my wallet can't stretch to real hair extensions, and also I don't really like the idea of having someone else's hair on your head, it makes my skin crawl, and what if it comes alive with their angry spirit and strangles you in the night or something?) and then I braided them into my hair. So, I'm not sure how long they'll last, but as long as I don't yank them too hard or anything they should stay in for as long as I want them to! 

I'm not really used to them yet, I feel a bit like a twat if I'm honest. I fluctuate between really liking them and then feeling really self-conscious about them and that they look ridiculous. What do you think? Honestly? 

I think I'll leave them in for at least a few days and see how I feel at a later stage! I just desperately needed a change you know :( I've been contemplating bleach as well, going a really ashy blonde. But that scares me, I've never dyed my hair in my life haha. Maybe that's why I'm so curious about it! Do any naturally dark brown haired people have experience of bleach? Pros/cons etc?

Anyway I better go and do some dissertation, I've been procrastinating all morning. Much love xo

No comments:

Post a Comment