ella

22 | female | uk


Saturday, 16 February 2013

Shoot

I had the great pleasure (and pain!) of doing some modelling again last week. I say pain as we were outside in the freezing Brighton freeze and oh my god, it was so so so so so so so cold. But although the painful temperatures were a bit (very) distracting, I did enjoy myself too, and it was brilliant to be working with friends and helping out with their creative projects. And the photos came out well, so it was all worth it. No pain no gain etc.

So, I was modelling some absolutely beautiful handmade jewellery by Nina Chantal. All of her pieces are stunning; ornate, gothic, intricate, bold, regal, wearable; scalloped, looping chains and glinting gems, made with lots of care and minute attention.

My good friend and very talented photographer Ariane Johnston was on camera duty. I love her photographs; her eye is so finely tuned to the little details of life that we usually miss, and I always feel like her images capture beauty, some element of beauty, in an ancient, dark, fairy tale-ish kind of way.

Here are some sneaky images from the shoot - they're very poor quality as I photographed them on my phone off the little screen on Ari's camera - but I love them anyway and can't wait to see the finished product. Click image for a bigger view.






9 comments:

  1. Thanks,for the follow.^^
    Follow you back on gfc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice pictures!;)
    chherriya.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you Cherri!
      Lovely of you to say :)
      Xx

      Delete
  3. great photos!!! would you like to follow each other?
    Besos, desde España, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you lovely lady!
      Followed :) Your blog is great, I love the relationship between art and fashion, very interesting Xx

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much for your words!!! I follow you!
      Have a good week!!!♥!!!:)))

      Delete
  4. Beautiful photos! I love your writings also. are you taking literature? oh can you please share what theme are you using? I like the top of your blog where you put a button for everything and a picture of you. would really appreciate it if you share it with me the theme that you're using now. thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete